Sunday, July 6, 2008

OUR 2008 SUMMER VACATION TO MYRTLE BEACH, SC

This year we decided to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for vacation. Normally the boys and I go their anyway once a year to visit my mother's side of the family. It was exciting to have Kevin with us this year, and we stayed in a condo that friends of ours split with us for the week. My mom and I usually stay with family, so this is actually the first time I have ever stayed on the beach down there. We booked our resort through Vacation Rentals By Owner web site and were able to get an ocean front room. The only surprises when we got there was that we were also vacationing during "Atlantic Bike Week". The first few nights were very loud until around 4-5am, but by Memorial Day they all pretty much cleared out and we had the entire ocean front pool to ourselves most days. My mom went down with a friend as well and they stayed with family, but were able to come up and swim with us almost every day. We had a great time and our friends Brandon and Rebbecca were a tremendous help with Hayden and Carson. We had many eventful days to include--parasailing, shows, shopping, swimming, and visiting with family. It was really hard to come back to reality, and I am not sure that I am back into my normal routines, yet. Too bad the entire summer couldn't be spent at the beach :).

Our Stay

Hayden and Carson enjoying looking out from the balcony of our room early in the morning-hence the PJ's/undies.

A view of our ocean front pool from our room.

Kevin looking down from our condo, which was on the 8th floor.


Early morning on our first day at the beach. The boys and I headed down for a little walk and to find shells. After finding my first shark tooth of any significant size, (considering out of all the years I lived in Myrtle Beach I found nothing larger than our own teeth) the boys were on a major shark tooth hunt the entire week.


No comments: